Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Halloween Goodies at Minnie Maes (sorry- not the eating kind)

I've been busy at the sewing machine lately. The result, you ask? A bunch of Halloween trick or treat bags were born. Last year, I made 3 of my kids a bag each. Do you want to know what I really think about these bags- they are wonderful- and I'm not biased because I made them. They really work, they are durable, they fold up to be stored out of the way, they can be washed, and they are just plain, cute!

Thanks to my fabric savvy sister in law, I was blessed with a bounty of Halloween fabric last year. I had forgotten about the fabric until last week when I came upon the bag of it- buried deep in my fabric "tub". It was actually kind of exciting to pull the bag open and see what she had bought me. I don't know why I didn't look into the bag last year. No matter though, it was nice to get a surprise. There were at least 2 yards of approximately 7 or 8 different patterns. Whoo Hoo!!

Here are just a few goodies that I sewed up from my gifted stash:


This brightly colored trick or treat bag is my favorite because of the bright colors and cute pictures. You can find out more about this bag here.


This is the second bag that I made from this bright orange fabric with owls. Do you want to know what happened to the first one? My owl crazy sister fell in love with it. She got an early Christmas present- even if it was Halloween related.

The bag in the photo is a double lined grocery bag that can be used for all sorts of things. You can find out more about it here.



This is one of my toddler treat bags. They are made especially for small hands to carry. After all, little kiddos like candy too you know! You can read more about this bag here.

Like I said before, these are just a few new goodies so be sure to check out my Etsy shop to find more handmade goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment