Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Done, It's Done, The Quilt Is Done!!!!

On Saturday night, I managed to finished my cousin's quilt. I feel like it was nothing short of a miracle that I was able to finish it but it is over! I know it sounds like I hated sewing the quilt. It wasn't that. It was that Christmas is quickly approaching and I have other things that are distracting me along with my normal activities so it was very hard to stay focused and to squeeze in the time to finish. I had given myself 2 weeks to get it done. I made it in exactly 2 weeks. I only had a slightly cute finger and possibly some carpal tunnel developing from lugging the monster back and forth through my machine but that's ok. I'll live. I am just so very thrilled that it's done!



This is a photo of the "home stretch". I had to move my machine to the kitchen table so I could pull the quilt through and have a large area to work in.


Here it is. I took it to my aunt's house so that my cousin could pick it up the next day. Do you know what? I think they liked it!

It's going to be a long time before I attempt a project of this magnitude again- believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment