Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Anticipation and Dirty (Filthy, Nasty) Socks

Boy, has it been busy around my house. With all of the "plumbing" problems we have had (I'll spare you the details), we did manage to throw a birthday party for Go-Cart Boy, work very diligently on schoolwork, fill a couple of sewing orders, and I managed to make a few things for Christmas gifts. Woo Hoo. Good for me, bad for my shop. Sewing will soon be in order so don't worry. People are wanting more options in my money/coupon organizers so, it looks like I've got to get to work soon. Anyway, here are a few photos from this week that I wanted to share.



It all started the other day with this. Yes, kid's shoes were littered around the yard. Where were those kids that belonged to those shoes?

After awhile, those shoes were not alone and filthy, muddy socks, were then littered around the yard.

What does this have to do with shoes and filthy socks? Well, this photo should be named, "Anticipation".

This photo should also be titled, "Anticipation" Have you figured it out yet?


Yep, this little jewel was the object of the neighborhood's affection for over 4 hours last Saturday. It was also the object that will forever go down in our family history as presenting us with the birthday party that can never be outdone. You see, Balloon Man set this wonderful contraption up for Go Cart Boy's birthday party. Guess what? It got dark before any kids realized that Go Cart Boy had not opened his presents or even sang "Happy Birthday". Can you believe it?

So what did the grown ups do while the kids played on the inflatable? Well, they littered the yard with their own little toys. I'm not sure what you call this object but you will see what it belongs to in the next photo.

The older folks played Ladder Ball. They had a blast. I don't even know who won. Overall, it was a great day and everyone had fun. That makes me happy. Go Cart Boy had so much fun and everyone slept like a bear that night from sheer exhaustion. It was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment