Thursday, October 8, 2009

School is in full swing- Finally!

I am so thrilled that school has been going wonderfully. I'm almost afraid to say it out loud. That first sentence is something that I don't say often each year. This year, I've tried some different things and so far, they are working. We all are still sitting at the kitchen table but I have staggered subjects some so that no two people are working on the same subject. Kind of doesn't make sense but I have found that when I'm working with one person, the other is constantly trying to get my attention so that they can get done and move on to the next subject before the other person can. I fixed that now so there is no, "unspoken" race to finish one subject and move on. Hey, little things make big differences!

Kindergarten is going well and Roly Poly girl is happy.

SDC16843aaacropped
See how fast Roly Poly girl moves that pencil? Naaaah, just kidding- too little light, blurry picture. I just thought it was funny and had to share. (By the way, K-5 kiddos were allowed to wear pajamas on their first day of school too- how's that for fun?)

SDC16853aaa
This is what you get when your husband catches you running off a clock template from the internet so that you can make your own cheap clock for 3rd grade math.

Scott, said, "Wait, don't waste paper, we have a clock in the basement that (Go Cart Boy) he can use instead." It didn't have all of the numbers but Scott fixed that. (hee hee). Roly Poly Girl decorated it too. I'm sure Go Cart Boy appreciates all of the work that went into it. (hee hee) Hey, whatever works. He can practice telling time and that is all that matters.

Stay tuned for further homeschool adventures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment