Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Bunnies and a Scary Pony

I found this super cute bunny and lime green fabric the other day on a clearance table. I fell in love with it and set out to make my first diaper bag to sell in my Etsy shop. The picture above the end result. I looked at a lot of patterns and picked out the features that I liked the most for this prototype. This bag is unlined (in the photo, it's stuffed with a couple dish towels) but any that I make in the future will be lined with batting so they will stand up by themselves. There are 6 pockets on the outside of the bag and it does have a zipper on top. The pattern that I came up with could be turned into a purse if desired but I'm not sure if people would want pockets on the outside of their bag or not!


I have this ongoing project that I have been working on for almost a year. That project is what I call, "patchwork ponies". This patchwork pony was made from some scraps leftover from the diaper bag above. This pony is my latest disaster. The poor thing can't even stand up on it's own so I'm forced to go back to the drawing board again. One of these days I'll finally get those pony legs right- or at least I sure do hope so.

Anyone out there that has made a stuffed creature with 4 legs that can give me some advice, I would really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment