Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Week In Photos

It all started when I pulled out one of the plastic tubs (that I store my Etsy goodies in), to see what treasures were in there that needed to be put online. I had forgotten about my saddle pads. How could I forget about my saddle pads? What's wrong with me anyway. Ok, I'm too hard on myself. I took this photo during a brief (and I mean really, really brief) moment, in the hopes that I would be able to list this saddle pad that same day in my Etsy shop. Didn't happen. This photo is as far as it got. Anyway, that's the story behind photo #1.



Photo #2 was what I call a mistake. What you see above is actually, chocolate popcorn. Yeah, I know, the idea is good, it even tasted alright, but it was a complete absent minded, last minute, flop. While having a chocolate craving and noticing that I was almost out of butter (so brownies were out of the question), I thought, "Hey, I'll make some popcorn and make some kind of chocolate mixture to pour over the top of it'. Good idea at first I guess but it just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't "good" either. The kids devoured it in an instant so all was not lost.


Photo #3 is a grass hopper that caught Roly Polley Girl's attention at the garden. He ended up being quite attentive and didn't mind getting his picture taken at all.


Can you guess what monstrosity this is? You will never guess in a million years. Ok, if you read my blog frequently, you can guess what this is. It is my poor, neglected compost pile. Hey, it's rich enough already. Look at the pretty weeds and, is that a ?tree? growing out of the top of it? Yes, I've been too busy to take care of my precious compost pile. If I am correct with my calculations, it's been 1 month and 1/2 since I've been by to turn it. That's sad. It's going to take a weed eater to find it again. I sure hope that the fire ants didn't move in once it stopped "working".


Photo #5- These are the "Mammoth" sunflowers that grew from the seeds that claimed the name, "Mammoth". What's up here? This is the 3rd time something different grew from seeds that claimed to be something else. Yes, I am aware of the grass growing ever so happily around that line of skinny, excuses for sunflowers. I was surprised that they made it at all believe it or not! By the way, in the top left corner of the photo is the new compost pile that Uncle Bubba started. I guess he got tired of weeding through the weeds. That or the weed eater wasn't working..... Just so you know, the fire ants have already claimed this compost pile as their own as Go-Cart boy found out the hard way.


The last photo is of one of the two sunflowers that I planted behind the house. Yeah, it's a mammoth variety too. I'm beginning to wonder if the dictionary has changed the meaning of words or are these seed companies getting really slack? Anyway, Roley Polley girl thinks it's awesome that she has been able to watch it grow from a seed. That's what matters the most I guess, even if it didn't turn out to be what we thought it would be. Sorry birds, no seeds for you this year....

1 comment: