Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Visit to the Park

I took a few other random photos from our little trip to the park the other day and I thought I'd share them.

This is a replica of General Elijah Clark's homeplace in Lincolnton, Georgia. During certain celebrations, the park hosts a lot of pioneer demonstrations to show how people survived during the early years of our country.


Here is what I dubbed, some silly name that I can't even remember but for now, I'll just call it, "Nails o' plenty". These are all of the metal (and a few plastic) sharp objects that the park service took out of the trees. From the looks of the sign, apparently, it is illegal to nail things into the trees at a state park.



This is "Bob' the turtle shell. Obviously, Bob is without a home at the moment. At least that's what Rolly Polley Girl thinks. Ok, that's what's going on- I'm not taking it any further than that.

Take a look at that. The lake was reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyy low according to the depth marker. Years ago, that yellow barrier would have been floating atop water that was about 9 feet deep or so. Can you say, "drought" conditions? Even a couple of months ago the kids swam in water that came up to the 3 foot mark. We were shocked at how fast the water had went down.


I took this before we left from a rather quiet camp site that we stopped at when we were walking about the camp area. Years ago, I remember the water coming up to that farthest tree in the photo.

It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment