Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Treasury on Etsy!

Seeing Pink in South Carolina


If you are not familiar with Etsy, you probably have no idea what I am talking about so I'll try to clarify.

Etsy is an online site that allows those that have a desire to make and sell hand made items, a place to set up their own stores and sell to their hearts content. Just opening a store on Etsy does not ensure that you will sell and item. It is up to the shop owner to market/advertise their stores in hopes of getting the most traffic possible into their shop.

There is a great sense of camaraderie and community on Etsy. It doesn't take long before you run up on someone or some group that is willing to help promote others. After all, aren't we all into this together?

One way that Etsy has allowed this promotion of others is through the creation of what they call a treasury. A treasury is a hand picked compilation of items that can have a "theme" of sorts. For months, I have been trying to figure out when the treasuries "open". Thanks to the heads up from a fellow Sheteam member, I was able to actually "snag" a treasury (Thank you Cell Chic). Above is the treasury that I created for promoting some members of the South Carolina Etsy Street Team.

Treasuries are ranked by Etsy. If a treasury reaches, what they call the "hot" list, it is more likely to be featured on the front page of Etsy. If this happens, chances are, those featured will get lots of traffic into their shops and "hopefully", lots of sales. Right now, my treasury, that features South Carolina artisans, is on about page 9 of the hot list. Pretty good considering it was on page 25 last night. For a treasury to move closer to page 1, every item has to be clicked on and commenting is so important!


So, if your fingers are bored and need something to do, click on over to this link and click and comment. Help get some very talented South Carolina artists recognized!

8 comments:

  1. Well hey that just looks great! Love the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting into a treasury is fun, isn't it? One of my prints was recently in a treasury that made front page, and I got two sales out of the exposure! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first treasury, and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my earrings really ruin the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHATTTTTT???? Are you crazy? Now, don't go bashing your earrings! If I didn't like them, I wouldn't have included them!

    Now, you, I've given my speech. Go forth and be more positive from now on! hee hee.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, your earrings, (in my treasury that is NOT ruined), are currently on page 2 of the hot list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't bashing the earrings. I was bashing the fact that they are polaroid and ruined the line of the rest of the photos. So thank you, I'm glad you like them! If you hadn't have yelled at me, my husband would have if I were talking bad about my jewelry.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I could help keep you in line!

    ReplyDelete