Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow's a' Comin'!!


Can you believe it? Little old South Carolina is due for a snow storm later today!

The shear mention of any type of frozen precipitation in the south ushers forth pandemonium in the grocery store! I've wondered why that is, and I have come to the conclusion that people in South Carolina must be naturally unprepared (myself included) for any type of frozen precipitation (basically, we don't store up food and rely on grocery store trips every couple of days). The weather men add "fuel to the fire", so to speak, when they actually tell people to run out to the store and buy bread, milk, peanut butter, and toilet paper! Could the grocery store chains be paying them to say those words? Hmmm, makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Thankfully, I think my family will have all of the necessary supplies needed to survive this one day snow event. (And I don't think we will run out of toilet paper either).

Of course, there is that chance that the weather man gets it all wrong and kids everywhere decide that they have a personal vendetta against all weather men in general. Many a day in my childhood have I uttered the words, "dumb ole' weatherman" as I walked into the school doors.

What snow storm isn't complete without hot chocolate? Here is a link to a great recipe to make it yourself in case the weatherman forgot to remind you to run out and buy it, check here.

So, who knows, maybe we'll get the white stuff, maybe we want. (Shhh, don't tell, I kind of hope we do)!

4 comments:

  1. No snow is listed for us, anymore, thankfully! You can have it all. PLEASE. Take it! I beg you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 8:30 pm right now and we have about 3-4 inches. I'm hoping it will stick around until the morning so the kids can play in it. Kind of wierd having snow and lightening at the same time though.....

    Oh, come on, don't you want me to mail you some of the white stuff in a cooler or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll stick to the icepops that are still in my freezer from last Summer, thank you!

    P.S. I wouldn't recommend labeling it "white stuff" when mailing it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could join Taylor on the coast I hate this stuff and we lost power for nearly 8 hours.
    How do our friends in the north stand it?

    ReplyDelete