Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day - Mama's Flowers are Blooming Back Home

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!

The other day I took you around the yard- back home to see some yummy things to come. Today I thought you might enjoy the flowers that are blooming at my mother's house right now too. I know the names of most of them but a few of them totally confuse me. Maybe someone else will know. (Please don't hesitate to tell me what they are....)


This of course, is a purple iris


Heavily laden snowball bush

I have no clue as to the name of this little flower but it's cute. Do you know what it is?

Ok, I know this is clover but it is a flower and it is pretty
(Look closely and you will see that something snacked on it's leaves)
I bet it was fire ants.....


My great aunt's prize peony.

This one turned out white with pink varigation this year. This particular bloom graced my kitchen with it's beauty and fragrance for several days. Florists beg for cut peony stems around here- sorry guys, this one is mine. (Two fire ants dropped out of this blossom on the way home. They got squished real fast). Florists are welcome to take all of the fire ants they can carry- totally free of charge, by the way.


A pink peony
Older folks around here like to call them, "pennies"

Uh, I forgot what this one was.
Maybe it was a new fangled blackberry? Argghhhh, now I'll wake up in the middle of the night suddenly and remember. Until then, it will drive me crazy trying to remember what it was.

Can't remember this one either- so sorry

A blue Bachelor Button

I remember calling them, "belly buttons" when I was little. I never told anyone that before. Phew, I feel relieved to finally get that out in the open.......

Hope you enjoyed this little trip around the yard.

- Remember to call your mother today and tell her how much you love her!


1 comment:

  1. you did good with those pictures. nature is so much easier than people.

    ReplyDelete