Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Compost Pile- Revisited- again......

EEEEWWWW- yeah, I know what you are thinking. But, hey, this is farm life. Looks like pig slop doesn't it? This is one week's worth of kitchen scraps from my house. Looks like we ate watermelon, corn, bananas, potatoes, and I think, (if I remember correctly) there are some strawberry tops in there too.

Before

After....
I hope the raccoons aren't hungry or else they'll eat my fresh scraps that are buried in that pile....



Really, really, close up of the compost pile.

It's working a little bit but I can still make out leaves. The roly poly in the middle of the photo isn't very encouraging. That pile should be heating up and working- it should be too hot for "critters" to inhabit it. Oh well, I'm going to have to be more diligent in mixing that pile from now on. I wonder if this pile will be completely composted for next spring? We'll just have to see....

Mental note: I need more green stuff mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment