I was tagged by a fellow SHE (schooling at home Etsian) team member, Prairie Cottage Rose. Prairie Cottage Rose makes folk art and primitive items. Her designs are really pretty and the sort of thing that I wish I had all over my house! (Can you tell I'm a country girl at heart?)
Eight is Great is the name of the Tagging game. These are the rules, should you choose to accept them:
1. Mention the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Do the lists of 8.
3. Tag 8 bloggers of your choice.
4. Let said bloggers know they have been tagged!
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
- School to be over for the summer- Mama needs a break too!
- Getting a van running again.
- A huge yard sale that will fund my school books for the next school year.
- Seeing hundreds of green little plants sprouting out of the dirt in the garden.
- Ordering a book that I really want from Amazon.com with the Swagbuck gift cards I earned!
- Having a stocked pantry/deep freezer/refrigerator at the end of the growing season (the good Lord willing).
- Buying a pressure canner that I so desperately want and need.
- Buying an electric grain mill so I can use up all that wheat I have stored in 5 gallon buckets in the corner of my kitchen.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
- Updated my blog and post-dated a lot of entries for days to come.
- Cooked breakfast for 5, Lunch for 5, and supper for 8.
- Finished up my big bag of M&M's (all by myself!)
- Bought a loaf of bread that cost me $2.99- Yikes!
- Ignored about 4 telemarketer calls- (Thank you Caller ID- I don't need new vinyl siding and the warranty on my imaginary new car isn't about to expire- thank you very much)
- Talked to my sister, husband, neighbor, and mother-in-law on the phone.
- Taught my 8 year old the joys of the "2" multiplication tables.
- Made the bed.
8 Things I Wished I Could Do:
- Own a horse stable and give riding lessons to kids that couldn't otherwise afford them.
- Be the proud owner of a really sweet milk cow named Lula Bell, Sally Jane, or Ma-moo.
- Have my own sewing room.
- Build a cute garden shed that looks like a cabin and cover it in all kinds of "folksey" type implements.
- Go to England, Ireland, or Scotland- I'm not picky- any one of the three would do.
- Go to the beach- any beach!
- Have our dream house on our land!
- Have some sort of horticultural based business that would supplement our needs and my desire to be outside.
- Lost (My favorite!)
- Law and Order SVU (Some of these bother me- when that happens, I turn the channel.)
- Dr. Who (mostly the David Tennant episodes)
- How Clean is Your House (the British versions- the American one's are boring. By the way, Kim and Aggie are my heroes!)
- Unwrapped (yes, I like educational food shows- I'm a geek)
- Monk (miss it every time- right now I only watch re-runs from a couple of years ago)
- Good Eats (gotta love that Alton Brown!)
- CSI (Miami and the Original but Miami mostly. For some reason I miss the original one every time.)
8 Bloggers Tagged:
- Cell Chic
- CurlyFrySC's Collage
- Elegant Rose
- Homestead Momma
- Mama's Little Ditty
- Nascarnana's Ramblings
- Mountaineer Country
- Michelle's Charm World
So there you have it. It's a little about me. If you aren't on my list of 8 above, feel free to consider yourself tagged as well if you want to participate too. Have fun!