Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Big Pile of Lizard Looking Stuff.....

What could this pile of green lizard looking mess possibly be?


Hmmm, it has hands maybe, or is that a claw?

A long, long time ago, in a land far away (15 years ago in a Big Lots store in the upstate) , I obtained a 39 cent pattern for this little guy. (Yes, I'm serious, it was only 39 cents. You'll never see something like that again- that's for sure!) Over the years, I have managed to make all of my children one of these silly creatures except for my youngest. The problem I have had, is that I lost some key components to that pattern and had given up on the hope of making my youngest one of these creatures. After all, it's ears, neck, and tongue were missing- kind of important parts in my opinion.

One day, a light bulb went off. I said, "Hey, just take one apart and trace the pieces, you big dummy". And that is exactly what I did. Now, I have all of the pieces necessary (minus and entire bag of stuffing) to complete a new one. I checked to see if this pattern was copyrighted. It wasn't so I'm going to make some of these little guys and try to sell a few this holiday season.

All I can say for now is that if I manage to get this big guy back together again for my son, you might actually get to see what this creature will turn out to be. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell these in my Etsy shop or not. The thought has crossed my mind to just sell them here on this blog. Still working on how to set that up. (Blog store set up tips are welcome by the way- I'm clueless.)

No comments:

Post a Comment