Monday, August 3, 2009

What's new? It's up to you this time.

I've just come to realize that it is almost impossible for me to make a blog post without searching (sometimes, frantically) for a photo or two, or three.....(you know me). Well, today, I'm not going to post a photo. I'm going to gab a little. (Just a little- don't worry, I promise not to bore you to death).

I'm getting a little "ancy" (ancy- is that a word- did I spell it right?) in the sewing department. You might have noticed the little poll in the top right hand corner of my blog. I just wanted to get a little feedback on what kinds of things I should be carrying in my Etsy shop. I've always tried to carry a wide assortment of items but I've wondered what kinds of things that people might be wishing that some Etsy shop out there would make more of. So, if you have a little time, click away on the poll. If there is something that is not listed that you would like to see in my shop, please, oh please, feel free to comment and tell me about it. (I don't bite).

You may not know it but there are a lot of unfinished projects lying around on or under my sewing table. There are also a lot of "flops" too: There is that insulated, fabric lunch bag that I keep forgetting to buy the velcro for (it's been 6 or more months), the poor "bodiless" dragon with the warped looking head because I lost several key pattern pieces and tried to improvise (I need to disassemble my son's dragon and trace the pieces so I can help the poor old bodiless dragon- just haven't had the time to "sneak" and do that without him knowing), the endless tries of the patchwork pony collection that all went wrong and look like mutated cows with bad hair cuts (the only on that turned out well is the guy on my blog banner and I can't part with him- he's my unofficial mascot) , chapstick without labels (I'm too cheap to buy colored ink for the printer- Hey, I could be buying fabric with that money!), and last but not least, there are the boxes of things that I have collected that I have been meaning to sell as supplies. Who else but me would have a case of empty jewelery boxes (uhhh, I don't sell jewelery), a dozen or so of empty thread spools (those are useful you know), bunches of soap making supplies (scents galore people), and those three embarrassing boxes of fabric scraps that I can't find it in myself to part with (no explanation necessary for that one). With the mentioning of all of this, can you get some idea as to the state of affairs on my sewing table. You just don't want to know.......


So, to make a long story short, let me know what you'd like to see more of in my shop, Minnie Maes. I'd appreciate the feedback and maybe you might see some of your suggestions popping up in the near future since the sewing bug has bitten me again. In the mean time, while I'm waiting, I promise I'll go clean up my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment