Saturday, August 8, 2009

Life gave me Lemons...Guess what I did with them?

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this huge bag of lemons. It sat in my refrigerator for some time before I had enough time to deal with them. You know what I'm about to say next.....

Life gave me lemons, so I made lemonade. I really did make lemonade on a very stressful day. It made me feel better knowing I made lemonade out of those lemons.

It was good too......


Lemonade:
(one of the simplest things to fix, this side of toast)

Start with about six regular sized lemons and cut them in half across the center like in the photo.
Squeeze all of the juice out of them (a manual juicer is great) or if you were like me, my juicer is packed up in a storage container so I improvised. I squeezed with my hands (worked almost as good as a stress ball, by the way) through a colander to keep the seeds out.

This part is all up to you: Add as much water to this as you prefer. I used about a gallon. The sweetener amount is up to you too. I stared with 1 cup of sugar, stirred, and added as much as it needed to taste good. Some people like to throw in a mint leaf for extra taste. I didn't have a mint leaf, so sadly, I didn't get to find out if this is true. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, the kids drank every last drop within five minutes. I'd imagine that the mint leaf wouldn't have had much time to "mix" with the lemonade anyway.

For a sugar free version, just mix the lemon juice, water, and stevia powder (or liquid) to taste.

Yum, yum in the summertime.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so refreshing! I haven't had fresh lemonade in a while.

    ReplyDelete